Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The 51st State

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 51st State

    Oh dear...

    First let me congratulate Stel Pavlou for getting this movie made. It's the first script he?s ever wrote, so to get a nice juicy budget and Sam Jackson plus various other TV actors on board is commendable. His pestering abilities are also of note, sending his *script* to Tim Roth was a cool idea and one that inevitably got the movie made. So well done.

    After Mr Pavlou handed over his script it took 19 rewrites to get the finished article we can see on the big screen.

    Now whom do I blame for this wank fest?

    I really can?t understand the British commercial movie scene, or lack off. Why is it that a country so rich in many various redeeming qualities keeps dishing out complete shite like this? The plot, direction, acting and nigh on everything else about this film blows cock.

    I was going to ramble on a little more, but I can?t be arsed.

    Bottom line: this film is wank and a disgrace to British talent.



    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm from Liverpool... and was around when they we're filming around the area...

    It's brought alot of publicity to Liverpool city... more film producers are considering making movies here... thats a good thing.

    I contacted Stel Pavlou during the filming of 51st State... basically talking about his original script varies from the final shooting version... and even he said that they were doing re-writes during the shooting... not by him, but by "studio-endorsed" screenwriters!

    Obviously film-makers need to keep the studios & the money-backers happy... but sometimes these changes can make a movie shite!

    I haven't actually seen the 51st State yet... I'll tell you what I think then...

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did't say it was Stel's fault.

    Mate this film really is crap. It tries to do the 'Tarrantino cool', in Liverpool and it dosn't work. Go and see it, it's a lesson on how not to make a great British gangster flick.

    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Crafty Banton's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow . that was a really well thought out criticism . I can't believe you want to waste people's time inviting them to read this poor post .
    This film is shit !
    Why ?
    Because the acting , directing and plot are shit !
    Hmmm...

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, read mine and your posts again and try and figure that one out.

    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I didn't say that Stel Pavlou wrote a crap script... I said that the studio got loads of people to rewrite his script!

    I've gotta give credit to Pavlou, just for getting his story off the ground, getting people interested, and finally getting it made!

    I have no idea what Crafty Banton is going on about?!

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheer's for that mate.

    I think he must be miker's best mate...can it stop now?

    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Crafty Banton's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Peace and love is all I offer , old chap . There'll be no venom from this direction , but it's sometimes difficult to hold down the sarcasm .

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •